The Priory Church of St Mary and the Holy Cross,

Binham

Home Parish and Community Building & History Other Churches in the Group

Building and History

History External
  Interior
  Historical Notes
  Monastic Precinct

Priors and Incumbents to 1539
Incumbents after 1539

Ground Plan
Fairweather architectural plan
Sketch of Medieval building

Pictures of ruins
East range
Central & West range
Sanctuary, Transepts & Aisles

 

Binham Priory landholdings and assets

Kelling and Salthouse

Great Ryburgh

Little Ryburgh

 

 

BIBLIOGRAPHY, Links and abbreviations

Articles

Foundation of the Priory
Rule of St Benedict
Benedictine way of life
The Seven Sacraments

Agreement of 1432
Cult of Sir John Schorne

 

 

Furnishings

Prayer Corner
Rood Screen: Article by Michael Begley
Font
Poppyhead Benchends

 

 

 

Registers

Baptisms 1766 - 1810
Baptisms 1811 - 1858
Banns of Marriage 1755 - 1876
Marriages 1755 - 1837
Burials 1782 - 1864

Burial Memorials in Binham Churchyard

Introduction

Text

 

Documents

Matthew Paris on Binham (Latin and English)

1250 Crown Pleas General Eyre
Blomefield on Binham 1808

White's Directory 1845
White's Directory 1854
White's Directory 1883

Bryant Norfolk Churches 1908


Binham Priory Ghost